Friday, 10 February 2012

You Like Me, You Really, Really Like Me

Let me start off by saying I am totally feeling the love with the whole 11 questions thing that is floating around the blogging world.  Now that you know how loved I am feeling and that I so love each and everyone of you back . . . let me say this . . . HOLY HELL!

I have been tagged by six, yes six, people that I totally love.  So, seeing as I am honestly trying to become a better person . . . aka. not a bitch . . . I feel compelled to answer each and everyone's questions. 

Hold on tight, this is going to be a long one!

So, the first awesome person to tag me was the Sarcasm Goddess.  If for some reason, completely unknown to me, you haven't had the pleasure of reading her special kind of batshitcrazy  go now . . . go ahead . . . I'll wait.  Very good.  Now for her questions.

1. What reality show would you most hate to be on?
Celebrity Rehab. What just because I post all my deep dark secrets on the web doesn't mean that I need the world to see it on TV.  Ohhhh, you are laughing at the fact that I apparently think I am a celebrity. ;)  
2. Would you rather have your spouse/significant other forget your birthday or buy you a dress that's three sizes too big?  Show your work.
Seeing as I suck at remembering birthdays, I certainly couldn't fault him for doing the same to me.  Right now I am having a whole body image crisis so him buying something three sizes to big would not only truly be a tent but it was also probably crush me. What . . . apparently I need validation!
3. Where do unicorns get their magic?
From their main food source . . . fairies.
4. What dessert best describes you?
A molten lava cake.  Stand firm on the outside . . . yet all soft and squishy on the inside . . . also pretty dame tasty!
5. Where do you fall on the paranoia scale: One being totally not paranoid, and Ten being they're out to get me!  Explain.
Pre-depression I was not paranoid at all.  Now, I cannot believe the smack that people are saying or thinking about me . . . or are they saying and thinking that about me?!  Why does everyone hate me?!
6. Salty or sweet?  I'm talking food, obviously.  But I suppose you can answer that any way you see fit.
Sweet . . .
7. If a train leaves Boston at 6 a.m. going 100 miles per hour and another train leaves Chicago at 11:00 a.m. going 250 miles per hour at what time will the bacon be most delicious?
To paraphrase Jen with one "n"  . . . this is my blog and I wouldn't be forced into doing math on it . . . also bacon is yummy year round.
8. What modern convenience would cause you so sit in the corner and eat your hair if you had to go without it for the rest of your life?
I'm gonna have to go with indoor plumbing . . . there is something to be said about not having to do ones business outside during the dead of winter that is most appealing to me.
9. What is your least favourite word?
Mine . . . I have a two year old . . . I do not think any further explanation is necessary.
10. Which is creepier, a teletubby or a furby?
I am going to have to go with those things on In the Night Garden . . . or really anything created by the British . . . they create some totally effed up children's stuff.
11. What makes your blog awesome sausage?
Honesty.  If I am going to do this, I figure you might as well get to know the real me . . . sorry about that!

Moving along to the second spectacular person to tag me . . . hold on while I check twitter to see who it was . . . . was the sweetness that is Story.  Story is pretty much the exact opposite of my dear Goddess in that she, at least to my knowledge, does not write the batshitcrazy .  She is one of my army, a peep in street lingo, someone who gets what it is like to go to battle with PPD and write about it. Go now and visit.
Now for the next set of questions.

1. Why do you blog? What inspired you to start?
I blog as a release.  A way to clear my head of the clutter.  My first post was about how I felt I no longer had a voice and I was desperately searching for it.
2. What are you proudest of in your life right now?
Hum, I haven't felt proud of myself in a long time.  I guess I am proud that I continued to strive to get better and now feel like the PPD is behind me . . . although the depression sometimes pokes its head out of the darkness looking for a dance partner from time to time.
3. What trait do you admire most in others? Why?
Honesty.  I think that if we are honest with ourselves and others we would begin to realise just how much alike we all are.
4. If you could meet one "big" or "famous" blogger in real life, who would it be?
Jenny from The Bloggess.  She inspires me with her honesty when it comes to mental health issues.  Also, she is just effing hilarious.
5. How do you balance blogging and social media with the rest of your life?
I don't.  My life has no balance whatsoever . . . when I figure out how to balance everything I will get back to you . . . until then . . . each day my energies are placed in a different direction.
6. What is the biggest source of support in your life? How did you find it?
My husband.  He has my back and I will be forever grateful for him. 
7. When you were a kid, what did you say you wanted to be when you grew up?
A teacher.  I thought I wanted to be a teacher up until 3rd year university when I realised that there was no way I have the personality to deal with kids all day long without killing someone.  So after a not so minor nervous breakdown, I discovered the museum field.  Phew . . . otherwise I had no idea what I was going to do with a degree in history and anthropology.
8. What would you do for fun or self care, if you could do anything you wanted?
Hum, I would love to travel more . . . there is just so much to see and experience on this globe.
9. If you could bring just one book with you to a desert island, what book would it be?
The first two Anne of Green Gables books.  I love Anne.
10. Do you prefer cake or pie?
A little of this . . . a little of that!
11. What is your favourite word? Why?
Crazy!  It is a very versatile word.  It can be used to express disgust, frustration, joy, passion !

Up next is lady who put the FUNK back in FUNKY! I don't know if the funk actually left funky but just go with it . . . please.  Miss Greta tagged me next.  This amazing woman has four kids . . . that is double what I have and good lord I can barely keep up, and yet she does so with such shine.  I am so looking forward to her Blissdom tweets . . . where she may/or many not be living tweeting from the bathroom.  Hell, if it is good enough for the Bloggess, it is good enough for each and every one of us!

1. What kids' show do you detest, and which one do you secretly watch when your kids aren't around?
Caillou has been banned in our house.  OMG he is sooooo whiney!  However, I do LOVE the Imagination Movers . . . and I may have a rather large crush on Scott . . . sigh!
2.  If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Jeans with a nice cotton shirt . . . be it long sleeved or short . . . depends on the weather.
3. If you could start over completely with a brand new Facebook account and ditch the one you have, would you have the same number of friends, fewer friends, or more friends?
Honestly, I have completed a friend cull and am pretty happy with what I have now.  That being said, I find that I rarely go on it anymore.
4. If you could retire tomorrow (or if all of your kids were in school), what would you do with your days?
I would hit the gym religiously.  I would travel more.  I would volunteer with something like Meals On Wheels.
5. What toy from your childhood do you secretly wish you could still play with?
I love Play-doh . . . and I still play with it when my kids bring it out.
6. What is your favourite movie of all time?
Hum, well Grease is my favourite cheesy movie musical of all time.  I will always watch Shawshank Redemption when it is on. 
7. If you could spend a week with any celebrity and couldn't leave his/her side the whole time, who would you want to spend it with?
I don't really have any celebrity crushes and so I can honestly say . . . no one.
8. What is the first thing you would say to that celebrity?
Hi.
9. Do you have any major regrets in your life?
I regret getting married the first time when I wasn't certain that my heart was totally into it.
10. If you could choose any (other) profession, what would it be?
Travel writer . . . so that I could travel more!
11. What song do you crank up the loudest in your car and sing along
Currently I am sooooooooo loving "Someone I Used to Know" by Gotye!  I crank it and I sing along. 

My dear Jen with one "n" was up next on the tagging brigade!  Yet another fantastic person I have been lucky enough to met through this crazy thing called blogging.  For me, I look at her and I am amazed and trying to emulate the positive energy she just seems to be filled with.  What can I say . . . the girl rocks my socks!

1. When you're in a bad mood, what will, without fail, always cheer you up?
Kickboxing.
2. What would your dream house look like?
Good question . . . I would like a bit more property and I would prefer a single story. 
3. Obviously you love blogging, but is there anything about it you don't like? Be honest
.
Honestly I haven't really come across anything that I don't like . . . but I am still pretty small time.
4. What do you think your life would look like if you had made a different decision than the one that led you to where you are today?
Oooooh, that is a good question.  I am not certain I would have had the family that I have now and that is a sad thought to me.
5. What would your death row last meal be?
I am Canadian eh . . . . I don't believe in the death penalty!
6. Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Twitter!  People are way more relaxed on twitter.
7. Coke or Pepsi? Why?
Either but it has to be of the diet variety.  Yes I know it is not good for me but regular just tastes sooooo sweet.
8. Name something you don't think you've ever blogged about.
I have not yet blogged about the pathetic state of my wardrobe or shoe choices . . . not yet at least.
9. Besides where you currently live, where else do you think you'd like to live?
I would love to live in Ottawa.  My nation's capital is an amazing city.
10. Not considering kids or money or anything practical, what car would you like to own?
I am not into cars . . . I just want something that gets me from point a to point b . . . and holds the air in the tires because constantly having to fill mine is starting to just piss me off.
11. What is your customary order at Starbucks?
Depends on the time of year.  In the fall is it a grande non-fat pumpkin spice latte . . . but I also enjoy a grande skinny vanilla latte . . . or . . . shit I happily enjoy most of their menu!

Nothing like meeting someone who lives in your hometown . . . on the Internet!  It truly is a small ass world.  Leighann is such a fighter and a source of strength for me.  She is just plain amazing  . . . what else can I say.

1. There are $3 cupcakes in the supermarket but you have everything to make them at home. What do you do?
Unless I am planning on making cupcakes, I never have the ingredients at home . . . so I would probably have to buy them.
2. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
Are we counting the pairs with holes in them that I have yet to throw out?  If so, 4.  If not, 2. 
3. Can you pass up a sale?
All the time.  I am not a shopper.
4. When is the last time you stood up for a stranger?
Honestly, I don't remember that last time I was in a situation where I felt I needed to.  I can be vocal when I feel that someone is being treated poorly and I hope that I have no missed an opportunity.
5. What is your pet peeve?
Shit, there are just so many.  Smelling like food . . . people who merge onto the hwy doing 60 . . . my husband's inability to put stuff in the garbage or dishwasher . .  I could go on but I won't.
6. What is your favourite quote and what does it mean to you?
"Do or do not.  There is no try" ~ Yoda ~ Take chances, live for your dreams, you can't fail at something that you haven't even attempted.
7. Have you ever had a speeding ticket? Did you try to shamelessly get out of it?
Yes and not shamelessly.  I have gotten two tickets.  The second one I simply told the nice officer that I just really wanted to get home . . . which was about 10 doors away from where I had been pulled over . . . he told me to slow down and let me go.
8. What fashion DON’Ts did you participate in and STILL secretly love?
I am NOT a fashionista . . . not even a little bit.
9. How many keys are on your key ring?
5 or 6
10. Why do you blog?
It started as a way to find my voice again, to clear the clutter from my depressed brain . . . now it is all about connections and community with some amazing people.
11. What is your sign and do you fit it’s description?
Capricorn.  I don't pay a lot of attention to that but from what I remember it describes me pretty well.

Last but by no means least, is my dear Rox!  I have to admit, it has taken me far too long to not sing her name in my head  . . . and when I do it sounds just like Sting . . . is it wrong that I find him sexy . . . never mind don't answer that . . . and I am so glad that I have gotten to know her.  A single mom who loves her little guy to bits . . . and sells some pretty rad Tupperware I may add!

1. Why the hell did your parents give you that name?
I admit I was annoyed for a long time about how totally unoriginal my parents were, seriously how many Jenn's do you know, but now I really don't mind it at all.
2. Is there a song with your name in it that everyone sings as if you’ve never heard the song before? Is it sung by Sting? What about Ewan Macgregor? That’s what I thought.
867-5309 (Jenny) . . . sung by Tommy Tutone.
3. What was your first job? Why did you ever leave?
McDonald's . . . why did I leave . . . it was McDonald's . . . enough said.
4. Have you bought a copy of Barcode yet? Why the hell not?
?
5. Isn’t Handflapper one of the most beautiful women on the Twitter? The orange shirt and martini glass really bring out the red in her lips.
Awww, I love Ms. Flappy.
6. How many is too many when it comes to browser tabs?
I have not yet reached that number.
7. Can you name any Jeremy London movies without looking it up? (Mallrats doesn’t count. That just proves you read this post.)
Nope.
8. What is one stereotype people usually associate with you? Is it true?
I honestly don't know.
9. If you were a tree, what kind of animal would you be?
An Ent . . . read up on your Tolkien if you don't know what I speak of.
10. Why do papercuts hurt so damn much?
It is payback from the trees for cutting them down.
11. What is your all-time favourite book?
Anne of Green Gables. 



Apparently I am supposed to list the rules, come up with some questions myself and tag 11 other people.  This post is already damn long so I am not putting up the rules . . . I am such a badass rule breaker! 

Also in the spirit of totally stopping the madness that is this crazy long post, I am not creating my own questions but suggesting that the following bloggers, if they so chose, pick from the amazing questions that I was tagged with.  Although, it might be nice if you come up with your own answers but once again, I am leaving that up to you . . .

Donna from Nappy Daze. Oh yes, we are totally taking it down, way down, south to Australia.
Kimberly from Sperk*

Phew, I know that I didn't pick 11 people but I am totally being a rebel today . . . please just go along with it!
Jenn

Just Jennifer



9 comments:

  1. Holy crap! That's dedication, girl! lol

    What IS it with the British and kids' shows? So creepy.

    Gotye? Oh yes. LOVE. I get goosebumps when she starts singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Hell indeed. I can NOT believe you answered all those questions. You've got spunk, chica, and I love you for it. I love you for a lot of other things too, but at the moment that's the one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Just Jennifer was a shoo-in for Homecoming Queen, but I think you're more popular than she it! You rock for answering all those questions, especially mine. :) Love your answer to the unicorn one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy hell is right! My goodness. Thanks for answering my questions! (Even though you changed the spelling of "favorite"...I won't hold it against you, eh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jebus!
    You answered them ALL!
    Way to go.

    Also?
    I FREAKIN' HATE the word MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a better taggee than I, that's for sure!

    Um, just cuz you don't have the death penalty in Canada doesn't mean you don't have to answer the question! Just, what would you like your last meal to be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My God you are a marathon woman to have the stamina to answer all of those questions AND still managed to sound witty the whole time!

    I'll randomly pick some questions during the week and reply - v honoured to bring it down south to Oz xx

    PS totally get the play-doh penchant :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im in awe of you... 66 questions?! I have my work cut out for me just picking 11... *sigh*

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you, THANK YOU for tagging me AND not posting me more questions to answer!!! Phew... :))

    I've been MIA for over a week now, and I know I've been tagged by this 11-question meme by a few other bloggy friends... Unfortunately, I'm not as organized as you, and now I could not remember who they were. Shites.

    Anyhoo, you answering all those questions... WOWZA! You rocked, girlfriend! Luv ya to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete

Ah connecting is a grand thing!