Friday, 18 May 2012

Confession Time

Did you know that even though my kids are 2 and 4 . . . okay, they are actually 2.5 and 4.5 . . .  I still dread being alone with them for extended periods of time?  You didn't know that . . . now you do.

What do I mean by extended period of time? Well sadly, if it is around bedtime it doesn't even have to be all that long.  Does two hours count as extended?  Probably not eh?!

Honestly I don't know what it is that I dread.  Perhaps I worry that I will feel overwhelmed and yell when it is really not necessary.  This creates a fantastic feeling of anxiety. 

The anxiety leads to me quickly feeling overwhelmed and yelling when really yelling is not called for.  This my friends is that is called a self-fulfilling prophecy and it is awesome . . . or not so much.

So there you have it, I have been a mom for almost 5 years and I am still scared to be alone with my kids.  I suspect that this confession will totally take me out of the running for Mother of the Year!  :)
Jenn

read to be read at yeahwrite.me

10 comments:

  1. It's totally natural.
    And?
    It's okay.
    xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are far from alone on this one! I've only got the one and I still have those days as well. Though having a husband who is away a lot also means I've had to sink or swim a bit (and unnecessarily yell quite a bit). Isnt it amazing how someone so small can be so scary sometimes??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is normal...I know a lot of moms without mental illness feel dread. I do too. I counted down to Friday for weeks just so I could get a break!
    Sending big hugs.
    Ps. You should link this up to my Saturday meme about confessions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand. Having those little people were so foreign to me. Thank God for babysitters (and wine)!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you are SO lucky I'm not nominated and in the running for MOTY this year or we might be neck and neck on this one! xxx Totally hear where you're coming from. And I only have one. So hats off to you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Jenn! I'm so sorry you feel this way.

    It's really not that bad. But I get why you feel the way you do.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a lot of moms feel this way. We're all so different. Your kids know they're loved and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being outnumbered is super tough under any circumstances! Plus since having a 2.5 year old is roughly the equivalent of having seven four year olds, I really don't blame you for feeling that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just give in to the yelling. I'm the boss, so I don't dread it. Still, it can be SCARY! Fun confession!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think lots of moms (and dads) feel that way. It's hard to be alone with them. Don't feel bad--I love the honesty!

    ReplyDelete

Ah connecting is a grand thing!